For many of us who became a makeup collector, even if we do not think so. Some have less, some more, the truth is that we must take into account some aspects before buying any product. Tips to have a good collection of makeup:
1) Always read reviews before buying any product - The internet is an oasis for reviews of makeup products. Enter the product name in google.pt and it will appear hundreds of reviews. Many brands send their products to so-called beauty gurus to test and do reviews to the readers or viewers. The general rule dictates that these beauty gurus have to be the most honest possible, their opinion should not be affected beause a company send free products.
2) Read more than three reviews of the same product in different sites - This helps a lot. Well we know that opinion varies from person to person, because not all have the same tastes. Read different opinions will help us almost to create our own opinion, giving more importance to certain points that make more sense for us, but maybe someone else has not.
3) Cheap is expensive, but not always - we know that cheap is expensive, but once in a while we have good experiences. In the field of makeup is important to know where it comes from our product, whether where and how they are manufactured. A good example of cheap are the chinese store's cosmetics. I have bought some products and not like anything, but I also know people who bought and liked. There is, again, reading reviews is very important. There are some brands on the market cheap and reliable, as well as you know, ELF, Eyeko, ESSENCE, among others, who have the basic goods for everyday use at good price.
4) To have a good collection you have to buy expensive brand? - No. But obviously, this depends on your choices. I only buy expensive brands such as MAC, for example, when it's something I have not seen anywhere else: special finished eyeshadow, a color that does not exist in the brand I said over, etc.. Expensive brands is not always synonymous of quality, many people find dupes of cheaper brands, with quality equal to or greater that are half the money!
5) If you already have it, why buy? - This happens to many people, and I personally think that its a waste. If you already have a yellow shadow, why buy another yellow shadow completely identical?
6) Use forgotten products - Its important to try use all our products, remember that makeup products also have validity, and worth buying something that we never use it, and when we want use, four years later, be out of date?
7) Do not pack up half of your lipsticks in a box, and half in other drawer. - I mean: arrange the collection alltogether. If you are like me, that forgoten quickly, than if we do not storage all our makeup together, we will forget some products and will not use them.
8) Try to retrieve goods parties - Sometimes a lipstick hit the ground. Do not bang the tip that broke up in the garbage: keep it in a small little pot of plastic, and you will be able to continue using the product with a brush or even fingers.
9) Buy only brands that do not test on animals - You do a favor to you, to the world, and to animals. Nowadays it is inadmissible that brands continue to test products on animals.